Friday, May 11, 2012

Obama on Gay Marriages-A Jewish Perspective:Rabbi Michael's WeekEND Notes

Shalom Chaverim!

*Tonight, Friday, May 11, 8 p.m. (note later start time), please join us for Shabbat services. My sermon topic will be: President Obama's "Evolutionary" Bombshell on Gay Marriage: A Jewish Perspective. I have a lot to share from the Torah and I do NOT like the idea that one has to turn one's back on the Bible to take an ethical stand on this issue, which has been suggested by the liberal commentaries I have heard.

*Tomorrow, Saturday, May 12, 9:30 a.m., please join us again for Shabbat services. My sermon topic will be "Iran 360: From VP Joe Biden to the AJC Global Forum." From my recent encounter with Vice President Biden at the Rabbinical Assembly in Atlanta to my attendance with top experts at the recent American Jewish Committee Global Forum in Washington, DC, I have much to share...and of course I'll work in the Parasha Ha Shevua: Emor.

Be relevant. Stay informed. Attend Shabbat services at Congregation Beth Shalom.

Shabbat shalom,

Rabbi Michael

1 comment:

  1. Michael,
    I know of Orthodox Jewish rabbis who don't agree with same sex unions and that 100 of them signed a manifesto to this effect, stating that acceptance of homosexuality and homosexual unions is a distortion of the Torah.

    Do you know of this group/event and what have been your thoughts in dialoging with them?

    ReplyDelete