Friday, May 4, 2012

Iran 360 & Celebrating Cinco de Mayo Jewish Style-Jewish of Mexico

Dear Chaverim,

First of all, I have been remiss this week, in sending out my Omer Count Spiritual Guide. In a separate email, I will give you the guided Kabbalah-inspired spiritual exercises for NEXT week. But here, find the Spiritual Guide for Shabbat, which you can begin to implement at sundown tonight:

Sovereignty is the cornerstone of endurance. Endurance that encompasses the previous six qualities is indeed a tribute and testimony to the majesty of the human spirit. Is my endurance dignified? Does it bring out the best in me? When faced with hardships do I behave like a king or queen, walking proudly with my head up, confident in my God-given strengths, or do I cower and shrivel up in fear? Exercise for the day: Fight for a dignified cause.
Second, TONIGHT, Friday, May 4, is FFFF - Firststate Family Friendly Friday night, (kid-friendly Happy Hour, 6 p.m., Shabbat services
6:30 p.m.) We will be featuring a Shavuot-friendly PJ Library classic for the dvar Torah. Joining me will be Cantorial Candidate Elisa Abrams, orginally from California -- CALIFORNIA CLERGY, it does have a nice ring to it! We might call this service "California Dreaming" -- but no Beach Boys ... yet. Please make Elisa feel welcome, and we will welcome your feedback in a computer-based congregation survey at the end of her visit.
Third, TOMORROW, Saturday, May 5, Cinco de Mayo, services begin at 9:30 a.m. This will be another opportunity to see Cantor Elisa in action. But it is also a wonderful opportunity to see our Fifth and Sixth Grade Hebrew School Student in action, as they a. lead prayers, b. chant Torah and c. chant Haftarah. Please come and support them as they climb their ladders to bar/bat mitzvah...and beyond! My sermon topics:
IRAN 360 - WHAT I LEARNED AT THE AJC GLOBAL FORUM IN DC
&
JEWS OF MEXIC0 - CELEBRATING CINCO DE MAYO JEWISH STYLE
Alas, I could not find a connection between these two topics, but I wanted to cover them both!!!
Be relevant! Stay informed! Attend Shabbat services at Congregation Beth Shalom.
Shabbat shalom,
Rabbi Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment