Friday, June 29, 2012

Jewish Take on Supreme Ct. Upholding Obama Care THIS SHABBAT


Dear Haverim,

     *Tonight, Kabbalat Shabbat services will be at 6:30 p.m., (happy hour at 6 p.m.).  My sermonic topic: A Jewish Response to the Supreme Court Upholding the Affordable Health Care Act (a.k.a. “Obama Care”).

     *Tomorrow, Shabbat services will be at 9:30 a.m.  My dvar Torah will be: Hitting the Rock: What Happens When You Short-Change Shiva.  I will deal with the emotional impact of mourning in light of Miriam’s Death.

Looking Ahead…

        *This Wednesday, July 4th, please note the later 9 a.m. start time for our CBS-AKSE Community Minyan at CBS.  No breakfast that day.  Also from July 4-15, I will be at Camp Ramah in the Poconos as an educator.  Cantor Ruth and Rabbi Steven Saks of AKSE will be available to see to your pastoral needs (but I hope you have none J).

        Shabbat shalom!

        Rabbi Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment