Friday, January 13, 2012

Rabbi Michael's WeekEND Notes

Dear Chaverim,
I hope to see all of you tonight, at 8 pm, at our Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Birthday Shabbat celebration.  We will be joined by Congregation Beth Emeth's congregants, clergy & choir, Wilmington Mayor James Baker, and African American Church leaders from throughout Wilmington.  This will be my first time hearing the "Prince of Kosher Gospel, " Josh Nelson, who will lead us in worship.  However my fellow Conservative rabbi friends say he is simply AMAZING!!
 
Speaking of Conservative rabbi friends, I was with the best and brightest of them , including the Chancellor of the Jewish Theological Seminary, during a week of study at the Rabbinical Training Institute, at the Pearlstone Retreat Center.  I will give you a taste of what I learned this Saturday, when my sermon will address Parashat Shemot: From Avitar to Neurobiology.  I promise you a very ecclectic experience.
 
Hope to see you all throughout Shabbat.
Shabbat shalom,
Rabbi Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment